We are committed to respecting your privacy and complying with laws and regulations to ensure that the personal information you give us is kept secure and processed fairly.
Our ‘Navy London’ brand is part of GWG London Limited a company registered in England and Wales under company number 07230190
How we collect your personal information
We may collect your personal information through one of the following ways:
- When you visit and use our website (the “site”)
- When you interact with our digital content
- When you contact our customer services team by telephone or email
- or when you complete any forms for transactional, employment and other purposes.
What information do we collect?
In addition to personal details such as your name, email, telephone number, address and payment details, Navy London may also collect some of the following personal information about you:
- Details of transactions you make from the Navy London website
- Details of shopping preferences, such as favourite products
- Details of your visits to our sites
- Passwords and security data
- social media login data
- Details of when you contact our customer services team by email or phone
- Other information from which we can identify you
Information automatically collected
Some information – such as IP address and/or browser and device characteristics – is collected automatically when you visit our website. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our site and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our site, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Like many businesses, we also collect information through cookies and similar technologies. [You can find out more about this in our Cookies Policy)
How do we use your information?
We will treat your information as private and confidential (but we reserve the right to disclose this information in certain circumstances, as set out below). Your personal information can be used in any of the following ways:
- Process and fulfil any orders you make via the sites (please note that your details may need to be passed to a third party in order for them to deliver the product you ordered and we may retain your details for a reasonable period of time after you have completed the transaction, in order to fulfil any contractual obligations, such as refunds, guarantees, etc).
- To process payments and prevent fraudulent transactions (we may retain your details of these purposes for a reasonable period of time and we may pass your details to a third party to carry out these functions).
- With your consent, we will retain your personal information, preferences and details of your transactions in order to keep you informed by email, post, and/or through other digital means including social media platforms, about products and services (including special offers, discounts, promotions, events, competitions and so on) offered by Navy London.
- To register you on the sites and where this involves setting you up with an account, we will use your personal information to maintain and update your account (e.g. such as a change of address or change in your push notification preferences).
- To improve the content and appearance of the sites, to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you.
- To administer any prize draws or competitions run by Navy London. Please refer to the specific terms & conditions for each prize draw or competition.
Who we share your information with?
In certain circumstances, as mentioned above, we may share your personal information with carefully-selected third parties, who are engaged to help us run, manage and improve the quality of the products and services that we offer, as well as for marketing and fraud and credit checking purposes, and/or to protect and defend the rights and property of Navy London. We only provide these companies with the information which they need to carry out their services, and they will not be permitted to use the information for other purposes. We require all third parties to treat your personal information as carefully and confidentially as we do.
You should be aware that if we are requested by the police or any other regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities to provide your personal information or any other information, we obtain about you, we are entitled do so.
Payments using our sites are made through our payment solutions provider Stripe and PayPal. You will be providing credit or debit card information direct to our provider who process payment details further.
The personal information that you provide through the sites is processed in the United Kingdom.
We may transfer information that we collect from you to selected service providers who perform functions on our behalf (each as described above), based in countries outside of the U.K. and the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or your country of residence. This information may be stored and processed in such countries.
How do we keep your information safe?
We aim to protect your personal information through a system of organisational and technical security measures.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organisational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, please also remember that we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our sites is at your own risk. You should only access the services within a secure environment.
You must be at least 18 years old to use our site. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 18 or equivalent minimum age and if we become aware that we have inadvertently received personal information from someone, we will delete such information from our records.
Your data protection rights
You have the right to request a copy of, amend, limit or delete the personal information we hold about you. You may do this by sending an email to email@example.com indicating the reason for this request. Please note that we may require you to verify your identity before allowing you to access your personal information.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
We may also retain a record of any stated objection by you to receiving Navy London updates for the purpose of ensuring we can continue to respect your wishes and not contact you further. Your personal information will be deleted or destroyed in a manner that cannot be restored or reproduced.
Third party links